For more details about Australian Chia Seeds and/or recipe ideas, follow this link http://www.thechiaco.com.au/discover-chia/discover-chia
This afternoon I made healthy Chocolate Chia Brownies. Due to the large amount of sweet potato, to be honest, the kids raised one eyebrow so I put a light layer of icing on top and they ate every last crumb!
- 2 tbsp Chia Seed
- 300g Sweet Potato, steamed and mashed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Directions:1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Mix the chia seed with 120g water and set aside.
3. Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces. Place in a steamer and steam for 15–20 minutes. Once the sweet potato is tender either mash or place in a processor until smooth and free of lumps. Using the kitchen mixer, beat the eggs to form peaks and set aside in a separate bowl.
4. Melt the chocolate over a double burner.
5. Add the flour, cocoa, walnuts and sugar to the mixing bowl with the chia seed paste, mashed potato, light olive oil and melted chocolate, and lastly fold through the egg whites. Spread the mixture across a 30 x 20cm baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20–25 minutes, cut into squares and store in air tight containers.